A place for people who love to travel off the beaten path
Enjoy simple pleasures and warm hospitality
Givingtree is nestled on a one acre homestead near Collingwood, Ontario. It is a rustic, down to earth and family-friendly kind of place. Located just minutes away from the village of Creemore, Blue Mountains and the Scandinave Spa, Givingtree is the perfect place to slow down and reconnect. You can enjoy a private retreat in a cozy solar powered cabin affectionately called the Karma Cabin. The Karma Cabin is intentionally Wifi/TV-free so bring a good book and enjoy a weekend of simple pleasures.
Thoughtful touches you can look forward to
- Locally roasted coffee & organic herbal teas
- Handcrafted soaps
- Yoga and Scandinave Spa packages
- Natural linens and organic duvets
- A great collection of books and complimentary yoga mats
- A welcome break from tv & internet distractions
Meet your hosts Chai & Andy:
We met in Collingwood at an outdoor yoga gathering and we knew right away that we were kindred spirits. We love spending time outdoors with our children, exploring new places and eating healthy vegetarian meals (most of the time). When we travel, we always look for unique places to stay, preferably with a kitchen. There is nothing we love more than wandering around farmer's markets, gathering local ingredients and returning home to cook an amazing meal. We created Givingtree because we had a feeling there were other people like us: looking to reconnect and fall in love with a slower pace of life. We love that the Givngtree attracts amazing people (like you) who choose to stay off the beaten path. In addition to hosting travellers, we grow several varieties of organic microgreens that we supply to local restaurants and markets.
Say hello to our friendly helpers
Our son Oscar loves greeting our guests with high fives and giving tours of his edible mushroom garden. Wendy lends a hand making the guest cabin look cozy and she sparkles with good energy. She takes care of our guests when we are away.
We love hosting the kind of folks who...
- Bundle up on cold, crisp days and enjoy spending time outdoors
- Listen to the CBC radio and play board games
- Appreciate mismatched pottery and other handmade things
- Shop at farmers markets and local food co-ops
- Love the sound of crickets at night